Software Engineer (Web Developer)
Paygevity, Inc. Software Engineers are creative problem solvers who apply their expertise to a variety of interesting technical problems. They design, code, and modify digitized processes and web interfaces—internal and external—to function according to company needs and specifications. They simplify processes where applicable and create secure interfaces that are user-friendly and visually appealing.
Software Engineer (Web Developer) Job Responsibilities:
Software Engineers are expected to:
- Report to the Lead Software Engineer;
- Maintain a strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications;
- Cultivate productive working relationships and maintain effective communications with teammates and end users, including those in alternative locations;
- Identify and report technical issues;
- Design and implement website features, including back-end REST interfaces and front-end user interfaces;
- Support and ascribe to agile processes;
- Consider and eliminate risk while successfully integrating new features and upgrading existing features;
- Write comprehensive unit and integration tests;
- Prepare documentation for end-user training and support, as necessary;
- Occasionally revise, edit, proofread, and optimize web content; and
- Maintain an entrepreneurial view toward evaluating and improving Paygevity software products.
Software Development skills
Paygevity Software Engineers should be proficient in at least two programming languages.
Experience implementing the following solutions is desired: E-Commerce or Financial Technology (fintech), secure server deployment, cross-browser compatibility, Web Services (REST/SOAP), Multimedia Content Development, Security Principles, APIs.
Mathematics & Computation Skills
Given the highly computational nature of FinTech, Paygevity Software Engineers are expected to have strong mathematical skills. Successful candidates will have earned a grade of B or better in at least one—ideally two—upper-level mathematics courses.
Collaboration & Communication Skills
Paygevity uses software version control, issue tracking, and Agile development practices. Candidates should provide evidence of their ability to use such tools effectively; solo development efforts are acceptable.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective communications skills and should be able to adapt his or her communication style to suit different audiences.
Time Management and Self Direction
As this position is a remote position, Software Engineers must be able to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work.
As a growing enterprise, all Paygevity team members are encouraged to bring an innovative approach to their work roles. Successful employees strike the perfect balance between completing the task at hand and dreaming the next move. Paygevity Software Engineers are expected to embrace the same visionary approach to their jobs.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Additionally, all employees will be subject to a pre-employment and periodic background investigation including, but not limited to, criminal convictions, credit checks, and education and employment verification.